At Scalable Display Technologies you will have the chance to make an immediate impact on an organization that’s quickly changing the digital projection industry. Work with a diverse team that believes in working hard — and smart. You will experience the rewards of building fully immersive displays with billions of pixels, while enjoying a dynamic work environment.
Immediate Job Openings
1. Support Services Manager
As the Scalable Support Services Manager you will be directly responsible for managing the support and installation of Scalable’s cutting-edge products in the field. You will be responsible for working with the sales team to improve and assist with the growth of Scalable’s service offerings across all products and industries. The systems Scalable delivers range in complexity from next-gen office collaboration displays, theme park rides, to military bases with million-dollar fighter jet simulators. Your responsibility will be to manage the entire support process from initial customer contact to successful delivery with a constant mind towards end-customer satisfaction.
- Gain familiarity with Scalable’s entire product suite and various system calibration architectures existing in the field.
- Marshall customer issues through the support process from qualification to resolution by coordinating the resources of the Scalable support team
- Schedule on-site support services and provide logistical support for on-site engineers.
- Maintain the accuracy and relevance of customer support infrastructure and tools including the support ticketing system and knowledge portal.
- Manage customer expectations as system installations move to completion.
- Ensure a high standard of quality across all customer interactions.
- Catalog common and recurring support issues to shape Scalable’s new product and feature development.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of product documentation with each new software release,
- Coordinate standard training programs for new support team hires and for customers, e.g. via Scalable’s Advanced Comprehensive Training program.
- Demonstrate leadership by being hands-on as needed at any point in the support process.
- 3-5 years of experience in support organization.
- BS in a technical discipline such as Engineering or Computer Science.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with digital projection systems, GPUs and VR/AR is a plus.
- Familiarity with pro A/V and simulation is a plus.
- Prior management experience is a plus.
Location: This position is located at Scalable’s headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts, just steps from the MBTA Red Line Central Square.
Apply: To submit your resume and cover letter, email email@example.com
2. Senior User Interface / Graphic Designer
As a Senior User Interface / Graphic Designer, you will lead the design and creation of next generation UIs to further define our specialized software products (that automatically warp and blend multiple projectors together into one seamless display). S/he will also create graphic materials that will help define our brand, and will be responsible for the creative design and final delivery of omni-channel marketing initiatives from printed materials (flyers, brochures, datasheets, etc.) to online assets (email campaigns, banner ads, etc.) that support our vision and revenue growth. Senior UI/Graphic Designer will work closely with Scalable’s Engineering and Sales & Marketing Teams to define the user experience and the visual design of our software products, and define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and user experience.
- Lead the visual design process of the UI for complex software products and execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to Engineering;
- Collaborate with Engineering team in the product development, and compare and contrast various design solutions and approaches while taking technical, resource and time constraints into account;
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and visual design ideas;
- Design graphical user interfaces for existing and new deliverables;
- Integrate visual and interaction design;
- Prepare low fidelity prototypes of features (ranging for paper-and-pencil concepts to wireframes or interactive prototypes) for internal review and brain-storming;
- Assess usability and visual appeal of new and existing software features and propose redesign alternatives when appropriate;
- Design and develop marketing materials (brochures, fact sheets, banners, etc.) from concept to printer-ready files;
- Create visual aids to help illustrate complex concepts to be used in marketing and support materials;
- Design and develop HTML email campaigns;
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing team to design, develop and maintain our website;
- Assist with 3D modeling tasks and utilize 3D modeling software to convert customer-provided screen designs and geometries into 3D models that adhere to the requirements of our software and are usable in the software;
- Interact directly with customers to solicit feedback in shaping software requirements with respect to user interaction; and
- Travel (5%) to key trade shows and interact with customers as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media or Visual Communications, plus at least 1 year of work experience as a UI or Graphic Designer or related position in visual design (for both printed media and graphical user interfaces) and/or in UI design, web design, and/or interactive visualization;AND (OR INCLUDING)
- Strong understanding of human-centered design, usability and contemporary UI design conventions;
- Proven experience translating functional requirements into wire-frames and mockups;
- Demonstrated understanding of graphic design disciplines including layout, color and typography;
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate design and/or technical requirements and capabilities to team members and customers; and
- Proficiency in the following technologies:
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Flash;
- OmniGraffle, Balsamiq Mockups or other wire-framing tools;
- HTML, CSS and Content Management Systems (such as Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla); and
- CAD modeling software such as AutoCAD, Rhinoceros, or SolidWorks.
Location: This position is located at Scalable’s headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
Apply: Full-time; position is located at 700 Massachusetts Ave, 2nd Floor, Cambridge, MA. Interested applicants should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls please.
Scalable has great benefits. Health insurance, dental insurance, short term and long term disability, FSA, generous vacation and sick/personal time. We also have a wonderful office environment, casual yet engaging, and company outings with a great team!
Scalable is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity employer, our policy is to hire, train, promote and otherwise provide terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability or veteran status…
For information on Career opportunities please contact us at email@example.com