Recommended PC for ScalableDesktop
A computer built to your content specifications is necessary for an optimal system. The following guidelines will be suitable for most installations. If you are building an exceptionally large or complex system please contact us for guidance.
- Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium or better (Home Basic not supported), Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit.
- 8 GB of RAM.
- Intel Core i5 Processor or better.
- 25 GB of hard drive space available.
- A supported NVIDIA graphics card
- A separate x16 PCI express slot for each NVIDIA graphics card (running at full x16 bandwith)
- Powered EDID emulators
- Quadro sync card if using multiple graphics cards
- For systems with multiple graphics cards contact us for recommended workstations.
Recommended PC for Scalable Display Manager
We recommend running Scalable Display Manager (SDM) from a separate calibration laptop or a small form-factor PC. The Host machine will need connections to your cameras, and network connections to your IGs and/or warping boxes. It is possible for SDM to run from a PC in your rack, or locally on the image generator, but it is strongly recommended that you have access to the PC (either phisically or through VNC, etc) with the ability to directly view the screen for setup purposes.
- Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium or better (Home Basic not supported), Windows 8.1 64-bit, or Windows 10 64-bit.
- 6GB of RAM or more.
- Intel Core i3 Processor or better.
- OpenGL 2.1 compatible graphics card or better
- Gigabit network adapter
- At least 25 GB of hard drive space available.
- Laptop with backlit keyboard strongly recommended.