EasyBlend technology: Optical feedback
EasyBlend uses our patented camera feedback technique to capture images of a projector array to correct geometry, color, and blend zones. This is an entirely digital, scalable technology that allows you to create displays that simply can’t be engineered by conventional mechanical or optical means. Moreover, EasyBlend can compensate for the mis-alignments, optical imperfections, and fabrication shortcuts found in some COTS optical products today.
Camera feedback and digital image processing is the technology at the core of EasyBlend. Data collected through one or more Canon Rebel T1i digital SLRs or webcams feed our algorithms which in turn calculates the various corrections required for a perfect display on a dome, cylinder, sphere, toroid or flat screen.
Patent information: US Publication No: 6456339
Multi-camera functionality is a key aspect of EasyBlend and EasyBlend FX. Often the complexity of screens and obstructions of the cockpit or fuselage require the use of multiple cameras to properly capture the entire field of view. Our precise camera stitching technology provides a perfect base on which to begin the geometric calibration of projectors.
Benefits of camera feedback
Replace costly labor-based precision and optical skill with inexpensive digital image processing. SDT algorithms will automatically:
• Provide soft edge blending for seamless tiling of images from multiple projectors, even when positioned at odd angles
• Correct for spatial optical distortion
• Adjust for image warping on flat, cylindrical, spherical, and arbitrary surfaces
• Ensure uniformity by matching intensity and color across an image generated from multiple projectors
• Correct color across an image
• Scale content to fit screen size
• Detect screen frame or allow for manual specifications
• Compensate for projector-lamp brightness and color degradation, ensuring color temperature and uniformity are maintained over time
• Work with available external warping hardware