At Scalable Display Technologies you will have the chance to make an immediate impact on an organization that’s quickly changing the digital projection industry. Work with a diverse team that believes in working hard — and smart. You will experience the rewards of building fully immersive displays with billions of pixels, while enjoying a dynamic work environment.
Immediate Job Openings
1. Technical Support Engineer
At Scalable Display Technologies you will have the chance to make an immediate impact on an organization that is quickly changing the digital projection industry. Work with a culturally-diverse team that believes in working hard—and smart. You will experience the rewards of ownership along with outstanding compensation and benefits while building displays with 100s of millions of pixels. If you are ready to roll up your sleeves and put that entrepreneurial spirit to work in a culture of innovation, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Overview: Demonstrate, deploy, and service Scalable’s edge blending and image warping technologies as part of complex display systems for simulation, theme park, and commercial applications. See our gallery for examples of projects.
- Develop a deep understanding of Scalable’s products and related third-party technologies.
- Gain familiarity with the various system calibration architectures existing in the field.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues via phone, e-mail, remote connection etc.
- Travel to customer sites to perform software installation and onsite support.
- Manage customer expectations and ensure a high standard of quality across all customer interactions.
- Demonstrate and explain Scalable’s solutions to customers in the field and at trade shows.
- Assist the sales team in assessing feasibility and risk of proposed projects.
- Advise customers regarding the best solution for their application and educate them towards their ultimate self-sufficiency.
- Gather customer feedback as input to Scalable’s new product and feature development.
- Provide occasional after-hours technical support as needed.
- Build, maintain and test systems to facilitate support, sales and/or software QA testing.
- Assist with maintenance of office IT infrastructure.
- Document new software features and maintain existing documentation and customer knowledge base.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Optical Engineering; or Computer Science.
- Ability to travel domestically with reasonable advance notice.
- Ability to communicate positively with customers; prior customer support experience is a plus.
- General understanding of coding principles; ability to write scripts.
- Proven troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Intellectually curious and enthusiastic about learning new technologies.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Clear technical communicator.
- Independent thinker, but collaborates with team to increase internal knowledge base.
- Familiarity with digital projection systems, GPUs, and VR/AR is a plus.
- Familiarity with pro A/V and simulation industries is a plus.
Occasional travel will be required (currently anticipated to be 25% of the time). Customer site visits typically range from a single day up to a week, depending on complexity.
Our small company culture provides a rich environment for personal and professional growth. Our onboarding process includes in-depth training in our products and services. Company culture includes team lunches, company outings and team-building activities.
Scalable’s office provides a fun, modern and rewarding working environment in Central Square, Cambridge, just steps from the MBTA Red Line.
This position offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including Health Insurance, Long and Short Term Disability, Dental and participation in a SIMPLE IRA plan with an employer contribution.
Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls or emails from recruiting agencies, please.
Apply: To submit your resume and cover letter, email email@example.com
Scalable has great benefits. Health insurance, dental insurance, short term and long term disability, FSA, generous vacation and sick/personal time. We also have a wonderful office environment, casual yet engaging, and company outings with a great team!
Scalable is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity employer, our policy is to hire, train, promote and otherwise provide terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability or veteran status…
For information on Career opportunities please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org